11.23.2008

DRESSING WITH INTENT



I collect and wear vintage ties. I find I feel a bit foppish if I'm wearing every thing new off the 
rack. I have ties owned by men who were important in my life.  I'm not saying that I don't enjoy
 a new beautiful tie from Hermes or Brooks Brothers once and a while,  but I do have to say it
 means more when it's a gift. Biggest tie slam: When a co-worker with attitude mentioned he'd
"never seen a tie that color before".  Sort of similar to when My grandmother played it safe and said "that was really something". Very democratic.

I hold Tim Gunn partially responsible for my attitude about my wardrobe lately. I'm the kind of person who knows what works for my body type and I will admit that I make a mistake occasionally. Lately with the economy as it is I have really tried to shop with intent.  That doesn't mean I'm getting ready to dump my belts from chinatown, It's just that now I'd rather wait and pay cash for something of quality than buy something mediocre, or what I call a "maybe" as a fix.